Human life is subject to a biological rhythm, in which complex system of control, melatonin plays a very important role.
Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is a natural hormone produced by the pineal gland which is located at the base of the brain. Melatonin helps with the synchronization of biorhythms in the human body. Biorhythms are disturbed when the body is under the influence of stress, crossing time zones when travelling also called – plane disease (jet lag) and working on shifts.
Plane disease or jet lag is actually a disruption of the internal biological clock in long, mostly transoceanic flights. First the rhythm of sleep gets disturbed and then this leads to other physiological disorders in the body. Administration of melatonin in combination with vitamin B6 shortens the time to fall asleep and prolongs the total sleep time. So our internal biological clock is able to “adjust” correctly and reduce the feeling of fatigue, disorientation and mood swings.
Production of the hormone melatonin is at it’s peak in early childhood slows down after 20 years of age and begins to decline in our 40s and almost completely disappears with age.
Melatonin is not a “sleep drug”, it’s task is to predispose the body to the onset of sleep. Melatonin appears only in the blood at night and by day disappears. At dusk, the pineal gland begins to gradually increase melatonin secretion, which reaches its maximum at 2-3 o’clock in the morning, drops to a minimum at dawn and remains very low throughout the day. In darkness, is when the nerve cells of the retina are not stimulated by light, the hypothalamus stimulates the pineal gland to produce melatonin. Morning light passes through the optic nerve, spine and higher conduction paths and reaches the pineal gland, which blocks the synthesis and secretion of melatonin.
Taking melatonin before bed time can guarantee a good night’s rest, because it regulates the sleep- waking up cycle. It can prevent stress and depression. Melatonin itself protects the pineal gland of aging, since it is highly anti-aging effect on the gland itself. When taking melatonin orally, the pineal gland is aging slower, reducing the total aging process of the organism, the processes of degradation of the tissues and the physical and mental degeneration in the elderly.
Melatonin reduces free radicals in the body better than other antioxidants. It is twice as effective as compared to vitamin E and five times more effective than glutathione. Since melatonin is soluble in water and fats, it can act against the free radicals in any environment.
- Melatonin was discovered in 1950s and the first products containing it appeard in the US in 1994. Because of the beneficial effect on sleep is most commonly used by people with disorders in their biorhythm and sleep as a result of stress, crossing time zones and working on
- Melatonin is one of the most powerful antioxidants, which act both at the cell membrane and inside the cell.
Vitamin B6 is a water soluble vitamin. These vitamins are dissolved in water. The human body can not store them and residues are removed from the body through urine. This means that we need to constantly provide the body with theese nutrients. Vitamin B6 is involved in the synthesis of haemin, which is a component of hemoglobin, regulates the function of the liver and nervous system. Plays a role in the metabolism of free amino acids and proteins. With less than 2 mg daily dose of the human organism can synthesize more than 60 different enzymes, which helps the improvement of the immune system. It helps in the formation of red blood cells and proper functioning of many systems in the human body.
Vitamin B6 contributes to the metabolism of melatonin in the body.
MELATONIN PLUS has considerable benefits in stressful situations where night sleep is difficult to implement. Supports regulation of biorhythms and also is a powerful antioxidant.
Advantages of the nutritional supplement Melatonin Plus:
- Helps with insomnia!
- Makes falling asleep easier and improves sleep quality!
- Ensures good and prolonged sleep and synchronizes the biorhythms!
- Prevents waking up at night!
- Regulates the natural biological clock of the body!
- Helps with deactivation of the free radicals which are threatening to the human body!
- Suitable for people working on shifts and when changing time zones!
- Strong antioxidant effect!
- The product is especially suitable for elderly people with sleep disorders!
- Helps in stressful situations when the night sleep is difficult to implement!
- Helps regeneration of cells and tissues during the night!
Every soft gelatin capsule Melatonin PLUS contains –
- Melatonin 3.0 mg
- Vitamin B6( Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 2.0 mg
Directions of use:
One ( 1 ) capsule taken with water in the evening , one hour before bed time.
The recommended daily dose is one capsule Melatonin PLUS before bedtime.
- Do not use in young people under the age of 19 , because there is not enough data on use in this age group.
- Do not use during pregnancy or the breast-feeding period.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Do not take during the day.
- Do not use in case of allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Do not operate motor vehicles or machinery for 5 hours after taking this product.
- Do not use with sedatives, or immuno-suppressive drugs.
IF FALLING ASLEEP IS DIFFICULT AND YOU SUFFER FROM SLEEP DISTURBANCES, AND ON THE NEXT DAY YOU WAKE UP TIRED, THEN YOUR BODY LACKS MELATONIN!
MELATONIN PLUS IS NOT A SLEEP DRUG, YOU CANNOT GET ADDICTED TO IT!
IT HELPS WITH THE HUMAN BODY’S ADAPTATION TO THE CYCLES OF SLEEP\WAKING UP AND PLAYS A HUGE ROLE AS AN AGENT TO WHICH WE OWE GOOD NIGHT SLEEP AND CONFIDENCE ON THE NEXT DAY!