What is Passionflower?
Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) is a climbing shrub, which grows in tropical America, from southern USA and Mexico to Brazil. Today it is cultivated in the Mediterranean region, the United States and India.
In passion flower are contained mainly flavonoids, the majority of which C-glycosides. Also contained in smaller quantities are phytosterols, coumarin derivatives, certain sugars, glycoproteins, amino acids and glycosides.
Traditionally, this plant is used to treat irritability, anxiety, insomnia and nervous disorders in young people. The committee on Phytotherapy and Herbal substances of the German Federal Institute for Drugs and SCOP confirmed the traditional use approving passionflower plant for use in anxiety and anxiety of nervous basis, cases of irritability and troubled sleeping. In many countries the use of passionflower leaves to soothe the tense nerves are documented more than 200 years ago.
Curious facts about the plant:
- For the godfathers of the flower of passion, also called Passionflower are considered the catholic missionaries in South America.
- Passionflower was “discovered” by the spanish doctor Monardes in 1569 that documented its traditional applications and then brought in the Old World, where it quickly became a favorite soothing drink (in the form of herbal tea).
- In our region Passionflower is still poorly known and recognized as a herb. Far more popular are its fruits – in the name of passion fruit, resembling the shape of a large, slightly shriveled lemon.
- Helps with calming tensed nerves and cases of anxiety!
- Helps in case of anxiety and irritability!
- It has a mild sedative effect!
- Helps lowering the nervous tension!
- Helps in case of difficulty falling asleep!
Every soft gelatin capsule Passiflora Relax contains:
Dry extract of passiflora incarnata – 275 mg.
Dosage and directions of use:
- Oral administration.
- Favourably influences anxiety, irritability, fear, anxiety due to stress.
- Relieves states of nervousness during menstruation and menopause.
- Benefits falling a
For calming effect and anxiety:
- take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule at dinner time.
For sleep disturbances:
- take 1 or 2 capsules 30 min before sleep.
Recommended daily dose is: Two(2) capsules.
Passiflora Relax as a supplement has beneficial effect for:
- Anxiety disorders
- Stress disorders
- Nervous exhaustion
- Sleeping disorders
- Releaves states of anxiety during menstruation
- Relieves the symptoms of menopause
- Do not use in young people under the age of 19 , because there is not enough data on use in this age group.
- Do not use during pregnancy or the breast-feeding period.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Do not use in case of allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Do not operate motor vehicles or machinery in case of drowsiness after taking this product.
It is recommended for the herb to be avoided only by people who have problems with the urinary system. It is suitable for people with emotional problems who are subjected to daily stress as a mild tranquilizer!
If you want to calm nervous tension and stress! If you want your days to be more cheerful, smiling and harmonious, then try Passiflora Relax!